Friday, January 7

Decorate your phone case!

 The other day on Dr. Oz, he was talking about how our cell phone cases carry more nasty germs than you want to know about. He suggested wiping them down every day and toss them out and replace them every so often. Well we all know cell phone cases are not cheap.

Unless - you go on eBay and buy them way cheap from China! That's what I did! Now I can decorate one for every month and limit the germ factor. Oh, who am I kidding, I just love to embellish!

For my first case, I used Puffy Paint. All I did was make micro dots all the way around using different colors. It's pretty easy. If you want something more detailed, you can use chalk or a pencil to draw out a design first and then go over it with the paint.


Here is option 2:

This was the original case I made (before I shopped on eBay). I bought a $14.99 plastic hard case (best for painting on) at Target and made it my own! I used Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage to affix my Crafty Chica logo to the center, and then I added a layer on top to seal it in. Next, I mixed up some
Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™ and then coated the outer areas with the Collage Pauge and poured on the glitter. I then added dots of acrylic paint, let it all dry and then gave it a coat of resin.

TIP: If you want to DIY your case, go with the hard plastic, not silicone. And make sure the surface is smooth. If it is super slick, like shiny plastic, rough it up with some sand paper before adding paint. If you don't want to use resin, you can use spray varnish. Just keep in mind that it will be handled a lot, and you don't it too heavy so that it weighs down your purse, pocket or snags on anything. I've seen many beautiful covers encrusted with rhinestones and beads, but personally, those would not be functional for me, I like sleek and smooth! But have fun, make several of them to change with your mood! Have fun!


Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

7 comments:

Acxyl Klein said...

Very creative. Nice one. LOWER PRICES.

Unknown said...

This phone case is so nice and purchase another beautiful cases in
Mobile Phone accessories

alexandra thomas said...

The organization has a lot of accessories, and we've even more online.

Danielangelena said...

Be good managers The direction you care for your people is going to be the way that they treat your customers. Land use may not be determined from satellite imagery. Get more Interesting details about phone cases on cover-divx-land.com.

oliver smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oliver smith said...

If it is possible to see through the diamond easily, there's significant windowing and here is a quick test you can do. You're also likely to determine the insider tips and the things to watch out for to avoid poorly cut diamonds. You are curious to know more about oneplus 3t case, click here.

HopeO said...

Such a cute-looking cover you got there. I also like this kind of case. I use a wooden phone case for my phone. It has kept my phone protected from higher falls, the design on it is so aesthetic, and it is very light in weight. Also, it is an environment-friendly material.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close