This pet project is sure to bring smiles to your family’s faces. Showcase your pooch with this personalized frame that you adorn with his name and display a favorite snapshot. Start with the Duncan® Oh Four™ picture frame and dress it up with Crystals™ Glazes and French Dimensions™ paints.
- Crystals™ Glazes
CR 853 Sailors Delight
- Signature Brushes
SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze SB 812 No. 10 Round
- French Dimensions™
FD 254 Black Licorice
- pure•brilliance® Clear Glaze
- Container for water
- Palette knife or stir stick
- Potter’s sponge
- Paper Towel
- Clear adhesive-backed contact paper
- Paper cup
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Trace bone pattern onto piece of contact paper.
- Cut out bone from contact paper. Remove backing and place under opening for photo. Refer to photo for placement.
- Shake Pure Brilliance well. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply two thorough coats to back of frame. Let dry after each coat.
- Use palette knife to gently mix the Sailor’s Delight glaze, being careful not to disturb the large crystals sitting at the bottom of container. Brush two coats over front of frame going over the contact paper. Let dry after each coat.
- For the third coat, use palette knife to stir in the large crystals into the Sailor’s Delight glaze and pour into paper cup. Brush on third coat, adding crystals on top. Let dry.
- Remove bone stencil.
- Test French Dimensions on paper towel for a smooth, even flow. Write pet’s name inside bone. Add dashed lines around edges of bone. Let dry.
- Using No. 10 round, brush two coats Pure Brilliance inside white bone area with pet’s name lightly dabbing over the French Dimensions letters and dashed lines. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06
Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!