Certainly love is something that multiplies throughout our lives and this plate exemplifies that exact sentiment. You’ll love expressing your creativity with Duncan® Oh Four® Bisque and Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes on a plate your loved ones will treasure year after year.
- Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
CN 253 Dark Black CN 291 Light Purple CN 341 Light Pink CN 507 Neon Red
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
23888 Asian Square Sushi Plate 8.5" x 8.5" x .75"
- Signature Brushes
SB 803 No. 4 Liner SB 806 No. 6 Round SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze SB 812 No. 10 Round
- pure•brilliance® Clear Glaze
- Painter’s tape
- Ruler – 12”
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Tracing paper
- Graphite paper
- Container for water
- Potter’s sponge
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Trace pattern onto tracing paper.
- Place plate on work surface with indentation running vertically on left side. From top of plate, use ruler to measure down and mark with pencil the following measurements: 2¾”, 4½”, 6” and 7¼”. Draw a horizontal line across plate at these measurements from indented strip to right edge.
- Place graphite paper on plate. Position tracing paper with traced pattern on top and pencil over letters and hearts to transfer to plate.
- Place strip of painter’s tape directly under the penciled line at the 2¾” mark and one down the inside right side of indentation.
- Pour puddle of Light Pink. Using No. 6 Round, paint three coats Light Pink into “LOVE” letters. Let dry after each coat.
- Place a strip of tape under the 4½” mark.
- Using No. 6 Round, paint “LOVE” with three coats of Light Grape. Let dry after each coat.
- Move strip of tape below the 6” line. Paint three coats Light Pink into the “LOVE” letters. Let dry after each coat.
- Place a strip of tape below the 7¼” mark and one over the 6” mark. Use No. 10 Round and paint three coats Light Grape in the open space. Let dry after each coat.
- Place tape above the 7¼” mark. Paint the bottom stripe with three coats Light Pink. Let dry between coats.
- Using graphite paper, transfer “Love” in script in the Light Purple space.
- Use Liner to paint three coats Black into script “Love”. Let dry after each coat.
- Transfer heart pattern onto bottom stripe and one in each “O”.
- Paint one good coat Neon Red inside hearts. Let dry.
- Paint three coats Neon Red in the areas around the “LOVE” letters in the vertical stripe on the far left side of the plate. Let dry after each coat.
- Paint three coats Black into the vertical “LOVE” letters and around the open spaces of the three other “LOVE” words. Let dry after each coat.
- Use Fan Glaze brush to paint three coats Black to back of plate. Let dry after each coat.
- Use Fan Glaze brush to apply one thin coat Pure Brilliance to front and back. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!