Tuesday, July 19

Superhero Winged Shoes

I have two little boys and they are huge superhero fans.  A few months ago one of my kind blog readers shared THIS LINK with me.  I thought it was an awesome idea so I decided to whip some superhero wings up for my boys.  They were easy and fast to make.  (My version requires no sewing.)
Okay, here's what I did.  I pulled out a pair of shoes and held some paper against them to sketch a pattern.
 Then I used my pattern to cut out two wings from felt.  It's not the regular, floppy felt.  It's the really stiff kind that you can find next to the 99 cent sheets of felt in craft stores.
 Next I used this super cool Tulip product.  It's a glitter transfer sheet.  It allows you to have the glittered look without the giant mess.  It rocks and I was excited to find a way to use it for my boys.
 It has a clear protective sheet on top.  I traced my pattern onto it, but I cut the glitter piece a bit smaller so there would be a felt border showing around the edges.  I also cut the slits in the wings a bit deeper on the glitter sheet.
 Next I peeled off the clear layer, places a cloth over it, and ironed it on.  Easy peasy.
 I used a paper punch to create the holes for the laces.
 All that's left to do is lace them up!
And....Bam! Wham! Pow!  You have shoes fit for a super hero.
Thanks for reading.

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close