Thursday, September 29

Creepy Creature Canisters



Excuse last week's neon bachlorette interruption, it is back to all Halloween all the time around here. This week for I Love to Create I present you with some creepy creature canisters.


SUPPLIES
Set of Canisters
Sheep (ish) yarn
Felt
Scissors
Aleene's Tacky Glue

I love recovering old canisters and making them into something new. Remember my wallpaper covered canisters from last year? This time I went the yarn route. I had a set of 3 canisters from Ikea just waiting to celebrate Halloween properly.

This project is so super duper easy. All you need are some canisters which I see regularly at the thrift store. Round or square will work. Next you will need some Tacky Glue, my preference is some sort of fast grab. I am in love with the colors in my friend Vickie Howell's new yarn line Sheep(ish) so I grabbed a ball of blue, green, orange and got to wrapping.


Starting at the top or the bottom wrap your entire canister in yarn. You will need a dab of glue when you finish to keep your yarn from unravelling. I wrapped the starting piece of yarn to hold it in place.


Once your canister is totally wrapped it is time to adorn with felt and more yarn. You could use white yarn for ghosts or mummies, brown yarn for werewolves, green yarn for witches - the options are endless. Now what kind of sweet treats shall I put in my canisters?


Check out more Halloween fun here and more I Love to Create posts here.


Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

2 comments:

Laura Stewart said...

love this glue!

Unknown said...

These canisters are too cute!!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close