Thursday, January 5

My Fave 11 Projects of 2011

Happy New Year! I hope you did something more exciting than going to bed at 10pm like I did. As I laid in bed on New Years Eve I reflected on the last year. What had I made, accomplished and done? So many deep questions to ponder. To commemorate the last year in craft I thought I would do a roundup of my fave projects from 2011.


11) Big Game Hunting on a Thrift Store Safari
This beauty still hangs in Baxter's room. Actually, he just got a friend for Christmas from my mom. She made him a mounted robot zebra head made from a lampshade and brush. Ah-mazing!


10) Not Your Typical Bridesmaid Bouquet
My sister Hope got married this fall and I was lucky enough to be the Matron of Honor. I was pretty smitten on how my bouquet turned out. She had one made of rhinestone brooches so I made myself one of vintage plastic flowers.


9) Recycled Retro-Style Jewelry Box
Every time I look at this jewelry box I smile. The bright colors, perky flowers, the way it matches my Bakelite collection. What is not to love?


8) Yarn Wrapped Antler Mobile
Apparently I really adore Baxter's nursery since this makes two projects on my list that reside there. I love this colorful antler so much I want to cut the pom poms off and set it on a coffee table as art. Right after Baxter quits putting everything in his mouth I'll take it down and set it out.


7) Slice of Citrus Tote Bag
We have not even had a day below freezing here in Austin, TX but I am already counting down the days until summer. Until I can go swimming I will just carry this perky slice of citrus tote bag to remind me of warmer days.


6) Mid-Century Modern Knitting Needle Clock
This clock is probably one of my favorite things I have made ever and that is saying a lot for someone who has been crafting over 30 years. This beauty still hangs and tells time proudly in my dining room.


5) Personalized Placemats
I am proud to announce that over the holidays the recipients of these placemats announced their engagement. I like to think it was because they could never bear the thought of parting with their placemats.


4) Valentine's Paper Chain
I need to pack Baxter up and toss him in a photo booth to add some links to my paper chain this year. I made this project for Valentine's Day, but really you could make it for any occasion.


3) Milkbone Memorial Frame
2011 started off with a kick in the teeth losing our beloved dog Lucy. However, I thought this glittered milkbone picture frame was the perfect send off. Also, I have had people tell me they have seen her hanging on the wall in Chuy's so her memory lives on.


2) Brooch Bouquet Topiary
While trying to figure out how to store and display my collection of colorful vintage brooches this topiary came to me. It seems a shame to let jewelry this cute sit in a drawer or a box waiting to be worn.


1) Baxter Dabney Boehk
As the saying goes - I'm so crafty I make people. By far the best thing I whipped up this year came in March weighing 10.5 pounds.

What were your favorite things you made in 2011? Any crafty goals for 2012? Top of my list is to get my studio cleaned AGAIN. I am starting a photography class next week which has always been a goal. I must crochet Baxter a blanket since I made one for his sister. I'd like to get a books worth of Digital Scrapbooking pages finished to have printed. I'm sure more will come to me, but for this week that is enough to think about.


If you wanna see more of what I made in 2011 and beyond click right here.

Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close