Tuesday, August 21

altered baby shoes

IMG_9024
Its official- Lucy can walk and that means its time to start wearing shoes (it been bare feet, socks and booties up until now).. The only problem is that I seem to have hard time finding funky girl shoes- so I set out to alter a couple pairs of simple shoes with the hope to begin a fun little shoe collection for Lu.

Untitled-1
I started with a pair of white shoes that had a bow. First I removed the bow and then using blue painters tape I blocked off to the surface to create a little triangle design. Next, using Tulip Soft Fabric Paint I painted the surface. Once the paint was dry I removed the tape to leave a fun geometric design.

IMG_8926
I added a few tiny red embellishments with Tulip 3-d Fashion Paint.


IMG_8932
Last I altered the bow that I had removed by cutting it into more of a geometric shape and then painted it blue. Last I sewed it back onto the shoe

IMG_8944
The result- a funky little pair of baby shoes- a little more our style!

IMG_8993IMG_8995
Untitled-1
For the second pair I once again removed the bows and then painted the entire surface of the shoes with Tulip Fashion 3-d Paint in metallic gold. While the paint was still dry, I used a crumbled up paper towel and dabbed the surface of the paint to create texture. Once the surface was dry I added tiny little metallic dots with 3-d paint.

IMG_8988
Another cute pair of funky shoes!


IMG_9040
IMG_9041
IMG_9045
Now lets see if we can keep shoes on this kid!

5279578786_fd00da7ede_o

5 comments:

  1. Your baby is gorgeous!!! I love to shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post.The information present here is helpful for the readers.The post is absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing this info.
    Baby Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! You should see the amount of baby shoes we have for our daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very interesting blog. I read this blog. Thank you for making this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, its an interesting blog....

    ReplyDelete

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close