Do you love to play Scrabble but find it hard to play board games these days with everyone going in different directions? With school back in session, kids going to practice and recitals, and parents pulled between work, dinner and who's going to what game, it can be hard to make the time.
Instead, here's a fun way to have an ongoing game of scrabble that everyone in the family can play no matter when they are home!
First, pick a theme. As you can see from the words in my game, our theme for this round is "back to school". Only words related to school can be used. It keeps things challenging and fun, and for younger kids, helps work on their spelling!
- Pick a theme (back to school, fall, thanksgiving, sports, etc)
- First player creates a word (record name and word on a piece of paper and hang in on the fridge, along with the points)
- Each person adds a word and records their name and points
- When no other words can be made from remaining letters, add up points and let the winner choose the next theme!
This is a fun way to play a game with your family, even when your hectic schedules don't allow for it. So go ahead, beat the system, and smile about it!
To make your own game, you will need:
- Scrabble tiles (use an old board game's tiles or buy them at the craft store)
- Round magnets
- Aleene's Tacky School Glue
Turn all the scrabble tiles over and add a pea sized drop of glue to the center of each one.
Place a magnet into the glue and press until the magnet touches the tile. Glue will ooze out the sides, and that's okay! Let the glue dry completely.
See, wasn't that easy? Now all you have to do is put your scrabble tiles on the refrigerator and play!
Hope you have as much fun with yours as we do with ours!
|Crafts by Amanda, where she shares tutorials with step-by-step photos for adults and kids alike.|
Head over to our TIE DYE YOUR SUMMER site for even more inspiration, how-to's, and fun videos to get you mega-inspired for some DIY summer fun!