Tuesday, March 3

DIY Floral Denim Crossbody Purse

header-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
I'm going to let you in on a little bit about how I work... what makes me tick. I'm out shopping and I spy the cutest floral crossbody bag. It's just 10 bucks but then I see one without the floral pattern for only 5 bucks. So of course I go cheapo and get the $5 bag and DIY it to my liking! So basically I'm cheap and crafty. That's me in a nutshell, really!



006-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
For this project you will need:
Tulip Soft Fabric Paints
Big, soft paintbrush
Small Tulip Fabric Paintbrush

012-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
First I'm going to show you how to make these flowers. They're nothing fancy and nobody is going to mistake them for Renoir but they're cute and easy.
001-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
First you need to get your paint set up. Here I have pink, red and white all together for my flowers and green and white for my leaves.

002-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
When you put the paint on your brush, you want it to be streaky. See above how it is both pink and white? That is what you want.

003-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
First make a U shape.

004-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
Add an arc or two to the top to make one connected shape.

004-1-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
Fill in the middle with your main color straight up.

005-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
And finish with a flourish of your darker color.

007-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
Now leaves! The leaf shape is pretty simple. Just paint your leaves on where they seem to fit the best.

008-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
Now you are going to grab that stiff fabric brush and start drawing your black lines.
Start from the center, kind of ringing in that area with curvy lines.

008-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
Draw a line or two around the outside edge. Then fill the area in between with a flourish or two to fill it out.

009-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
So here are my two flowers. They're not anywhere near the same but they're still pretty awesome and look good together.

Also, these aren't perfect and they aren't meant to be. You can draw outside the lines or further in than the edge of the color.

010-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
These suckers are pretty big and that's good for practice. But I really need to make smaller flowers to paint onto my purse. The size of the brushes you choose will greatly impact the size of flowers you can make. The brushes on the right were used to make smaller flowers...

011-paint-simple-flowers-dreamalittlebigger
...like the one you see here.

a05-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
Now you know how to make the flowers it's time to get your item out to paint. Here is my $5 denim crossbody purse. Shazam.

a04-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
You'll start painting your flowers JUST like we did in practice.

a03-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
Fill out the area you want with them. Be sure to have one or two that hang off of the edge for a more realistic patterned look.

Make all of your flower bases first. Oh, and I added in some white highlights which you totally can too.

a02-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
Next add your leaves. Try to fill in the area with your leaves. So pay attention that you're not placing one where it will have to overlap with another.

Paint a partial leaf or two coming off of the side of the piece. (bottom right corner as an example).


a01-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
Finish up with your black lines to define the shapes of the flowers and leaves and allow to dry!

a08-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
Paired with my favorite sweatshirt (because though the purse is spring ready the weather isn't) this casual cute purse is totally my bag!

a07-floral-denim-crossbody-dreamalittlebigger
These roses truly are super easy to create and the results look fabulous!

If you dig this you'll love my blog, Dream a Little Bigger

5 comments:

WobiSobi said...

Looks Awesome. Great DIY!

Unknown said...

Looks so great. Love this denim purse making tutorial. Have to try this.

The Vintage Bag Collection said...

Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge.

I've read a lot of blogs, but I've never seen anything quite like this. When you will buy the stylish vintage designer handbags online, you just have to look that what kind of Brand you use. The Vintage Bag Collecton has a number of stock of all brands such as Prada crossbody bag, Valentina leather bag, and so on.

Mozila Pandawa said...

I just like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test once more here regularly. I’m relatively certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

Internetmarketingmastery.wellymulia.zaxaa.com
Login.ermis.gov.gr
Cs.payeasy.com.tw
Radicigroup.com

HopeO said...

Such a nice purse. I have been looking for some kind of unique side purse to carry my phone and others. I use a wooden iphone case for my iPhone. No doubt it is durable and eco-friendly. But keeping it in a purse along with my other stuff like cash and cards instead of keeping them in my pocket is more comfortable for me.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close