Tuesday, July 14

No Sew, 2 in 1:Strapless Top or Skirt Cover-up.



 I love multi- functional pieces of clothing especially when I have limited space to pack for vacation.
This is the perfect piece to take to the beach with two functions,
cover up bathing suit skirt and a cute halter.
Not only is this easy to make, it is inexpensive and no sewing is involved.


Things You Need.

 Shirt *mine is a large Hanes Men's
Ribbon or a scrap of a t-shirt
Scissors
Tape
Safety Pin
 Tape off your shirt right below the sleeves.
(* I do this to guide me to cut a straighter line)
 Cut a straight line right under the tape.
 Cut a strip of knit material from the bottom of another t-shirt. 
This will be your tie.
 Stretch it out and it makes a nice cord.
 Flip your top around to where your bottom hem is now the top of your shirt/skirt.
 Cut a small hole in the hem on the inside.
 With a safety pin  thread the cord you made through the hem and bring out on the other side.
 Lay your stencil down on your material
 Spray the front half let dry 30 minutes,
spray the back half let dry 30 minutes
 For a little more interest I sprayed Silver Color Shot Fabric paint
 over a palm leaf stencil that I made for a previous project. HERE
I placed down the palm leaf in random areas
and sprayed with my Silver Color Shot paint
It makes a pretty, shadow like effect.
Let that dry 1 hour before wearing 48 before washing
Wash in cold water hang dry.
 You can wear it has a halter.
or a skirt, bathing suit cover up.

Easy and versatile two of my favorite things.
Have a wonderful Day!
Lots of <3.
Anne
For more of my DIY visit my blog 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it a lot but I'm not a men's large in anything! I'm a very small adult who wears a size 12 in kids clothes. How would I make this? I'd love to try it!

WobiSobi said...

Use a men's small or a size one up from your original size. That should work just fine.

Pipey22 said...

I love this! Now off to raid my husband's closet for a tshirt! :D

Prerna Poojara said...

OMG wow. I have to try this...

jiokrish said...

JioTV for PC
JioTV for PC download
JioTV APK
JioTV for Android TV
JioTV web version
Jio Security for PC
JioTv for Mac
Jio cinema for pc

Zamir said...

I am happy to find this way of writing the post. Thank you for this useful information

Marigold said...

You put very helpful information on this website. Keep it up. Keep blogging.

Ricky said...

Looking forward to read your next update, Thanks Nice article you have!

Zayla said...

Its enjoyable for me to come here and visit more here. It is terrific post dude

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close