Tuesday, December 7

Monogrammed Luggage Tags

Hey everybody!  This is Cheri from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar.  I have a fun, inexpensive gift idea for you today.

 I love how monograms have been so big this year and I also love giving gifts that are personalized and usable.  So, today I'm sharing these monogrammed luggage tags.


You'll need:
Tulip soft paints
Tulip Fabric Paint Brushes
a little fabric (scraps work perfectly for this)
a little bit of heavy fusible interfacing (like pellon)
ribbon
clear plastic vinyl

I began by cutting my heavy fusible interfacing into a tag shape.  Just cut a rectangle and then snip off the corners at the top.  You'll cut two of these.



Next, iron them both on to your fabric and then trim your fabric to match the shape.  You'll have this.


Next you'll cut a small rectangle of the clear plastic vinyl and sew it onto the right side of one tag, leaving one side open to insert an address card.


Now, take a loop of ribbon and sandwich the ends of it into the tags so that the fabric is on the outside.  There's no fancy inverting here.  Just sew around the edges of the full tag.  (The fusible interfacing will keep the edges from fraying.)  If the edges don't line up perfectly when you're done don't fret.  Just trim the edges until it looks perfect.


Lastly, I used the Tulip soft fabric paint to add the monogram.  Tulip has these fabric paint brushes that are especially for painting fabric.  They are a little more stiff and work really well.  The angled brush felt like I was using a calligraphy pen.  I mixed the brown and black to get a deep brown color I was looking for.  (The Rollos are optional, but I think they help.)


And here's what you get.


I think everyone can appreciate being able to recognize his or her luggage.  (You know, people start to stare at you when they see you running laps around and around the baggage conveyor in a full sweat, trying to see which gray suitcase is yours :)


It's an easy, fun, inexpensive gift idea for friends or neighbors.



FREE SHIPPING through December 13, 2010. Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close