Thursday, December 16

Yule Tide Bubbles



Besides the word train, Tallulah probably says bubble more than any other word.  The girl loves her some bubbles what can I say.  We have recently run out and I keep assuring her that Santa will be bringing her more.  That being the case I decided to make Tallulah some special customized Christmas bubbles as a little stocking stuffer.


SUPPLIES
Paper
Dishwashing Liquid
Glycerin
Pipe Cleaners, Bubble Wands, Fly Swatters - you name it.
Empty Jar
Tacky Glue
Trim or Ribbon
Scissors
Tape
Water
Crafty Chica Paint
Collage Pauge
Straw

MAKE BUBBLES
There are oodles of recipes online for making bubbles.  I went with this recipe....
1/4 cup liquid dishwashing detergent
3/4 cup cold water
5 drops of glycerin
Most of the recipes I read swore by using Joy dishwashing liquid, but 7th Generation is what I had on hand.  A few suggested adding food coloring for colorful bubbles, but to me that translated into stained clothing so I opted for plain.
CUSTOMIZED CONTAINER
I decided to make a customized label for my bubble jar.  In a shallow dish I added dishwashing liquid, water and Crafty Chica paint.  Using a straw I blew bubbles and gently placed my paper in the paint bubbles.  I let the paper dry completely and then came back and added a second color.
Once the paint had dried I added a little text with my Bic Mark-It Permanent Markers.  I just left it simple with Bubbles - Bottled by Hand in the North Pole.  I then cut my label out and adhered it to my empty jar using Collage Pauge sparkle.
I didn't want to leave the lid out so I covered it in some left over bubble paper and added a decorative trim band with Aleene's Tacky Glue.
The bubbles are complete and all that is left to do is wait for Santa to deliver them!  If only making trains were this simple I would be set.

You could always make a customized wrapper for a ready made batch of bubbles.  Just soak the container of Magic Bubbles or what have you in warm water until label comes off then follow the instructions for adding a customized wrapper.

WRAP IT UP
Be sure to make extra bubble paper because it makes great wrapping paper too!


Check out more of my I Love to Create Projects.


FREE SHIPPING through December 13, 2010. Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!

1 comment:

LissC said...

Really cute bubble containers. I love to decorate different empty containers to make them reusable again. I love the glittery circles on the wrapping paper next to it too! I love making brown paper wrapping into something pretty. I never thought of using glitter! I will have to try that next time.

have a FUNtastic holiday!!!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close