Tuesday, September 17

Thunderbolt Shoes


No matter what kind of shoes I buy my boys, they always end up favoring the boat/deck type shoes that they can slip on and off easily.  They are great because they are inexpensive and easy to find, but we like to add a personal touch to make them extra fun.  My oldest requested red thunderbolts and here's how they turned out.


Here's a quick glance at the before.
What you need:
– a pair of plain canvas shoes
Tulip fabric markers
     I began by drawing on the thunderbolts.  I like to draw just the outline first because it allows me to fix them up and reshape them as I need to when I go back and color them in.
     After filling all of them in I sketched a quick outline of the bolts in black.  I thought this made them look more finished.
     I added one bolt to the back out each shoe as well.
     And now he has a pair of shoes that no one else has.
    And I added a little sneaky love note to the inside if you look closely.


    4 comments:

    Catherine Peart said...

    I especially love the little note on the inside. I love those fabric markers. We have been having a lot of fun with them.

    Delia said...

    These are awesome Cheri!

    Unknown said...

    you are such a great mom. even send them off with love in their beautiful shoes. I know your boys are into heroes so I am wondering what the lightening bolts mean to them.

    Wendy said...

    I love those, and I love the green on them too. Do you mind sharing what brand they are or where you purchased them from?

    Post a Comment

    Clicky Web Analytics
    Pin It button on image hover

    Subscribe to our newsletter

    * indicates required
    I am interested in products and inspiration for...
    Close