All this month in honor of March being National Craft Month, we will be bringing you a cool craft idea on this blog to inspire you! This week, all are projects are Awesome Accessories! Enjoy!
Accent your ensemble with a little midnight-colored glamour from Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ PDA: Personal Dazzle Assistance™! Get stuck on this floral hair clip with a little help from Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion™.
Midnight in the Garden Hair Clip
Designed by Allee Marderosian
– Aleene's® Fabric Fusion™ Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive™
– Tulip® Glam-It Up™ PDA: Personal Dazzle Assistance
26637 Clear Red Black
– Painter’s tape
– Hair clip of choice OR large bobby pin
– Thin wire – approximately 4” long
– Cotton fabric – black – 5” square
– Button – black
– (2) Clothespins
– Fine-tip marker pen
– Leather pieces – red, black – approximately 8” x 10” each
– Silver chain – approximately 20” long
– Pattern (Click here for pattern)
1. Cut out patterns. Place leather pieces right side down on work surface and lay pattern pieces on leather pieces. Use marker pen to trace around pattern pieces then cut out.
2.Place red floral pieces one on top of the other, adjusting the top piece so petals are aligned in between petals of bottom piece. Glue together with Fabric Fusion and let dry. Refer to photo.
3.Referring to photo, position tops of black stem pieces under red flower pieces and glue in place. Let dry.
Glue black circle at base of flower as shown then glue button on top. Tape and use clothespin to hold glued areas together until dry.
4.Double over length of chain twice to create two loops, each about 4” in length, and let the remainder of chain hang to the side. Run thin wire through tops of loops to hold together and twist wire to secure. Cut bottoms of loops to create four hanging strands and cut off excess length from chain on side to length desired.
5.Cut a 1½” square from black fabric and apply Fabric Fusion on one side. Flip floral piece right side down on work surface and position top wired part of chain arrangement on back center of floral piece. Lay black fabric square glue side down on top of wire to secure. Lay tape across to hold until set then remove tape.
6.Referring to photo, stick PDA black crystals down centers of black stems and around black circle. Add additional black crystals extending from black circle halfway up each red petal, then add red crystals onto the remaining halves of petals. Stick a clear crystal in middle of button.
7.Glue hairclip or large bobby pin to back of flower piece. Secure with tape until dry. Tip: For added security, glue a strip of black fabric across bottom of pin.