Thursday, April 8

A Face for Television Picture Frame


Remember the I Love to Create post from a few months back called "5 Kitschy Up-cycled Picture Frames"? Well if you thought hand mirrors and an Etch-a-Sketch were kitschy as frames, what do you think about an old television?


SUPPLIES
Old Television
Foam Board
Liquid Fusion Glue
Large Photograph
Scissors
Circular Saw
Aleene's Tacky Glue Stick
Knobs (if needed)
Heavy Picture Hanging Kit
Ruler


TV TIME
First you need an old TV. I realize this is easier said than done. I found mine at a flea market and purchased it intending to convert it into an aquarium. This week in my neighborhood is bulk trash pick up and I have seen plenty of options, albeit not as old as the TV I used, waiting to be saved and recycled into something awesome like a picture frame.


KILL YOUR TELEVISION
The insides of my TV was already gone so I didn't have to worry about that part. If yours are still there you want to discard the inner workings. Using a saw we cut off the front half of the television. Your photograph will go in the space where you once watched your fave TV shows.


JUMBO PICTURE
My friend Cory Ryan had done a photo shoot of my family for a local magazine called Tribeza this past fall. I took a disc of the image to Holland Photo and had the picture enlarged to fit the size of the glass in my television.


BACKING
The TV frame was already heavy enough so I wanted to make the backing was as light weight as possible. I bought a large sheet of foam board at Michaels. Using a ruler I measured the inside of the TV and cut my foam board to fit.


ATTACH PICTURE
Using an Aleene's Tacky Glue Stick I attached the picture to the foam board. After this had dried I used Liquid Fusion Glue to attach the piece of foam board to the back of my television/picture frame.


CHANGE THE CHANNEL
You might be lucky enough to score a TV with the knobs still intact, but alas I was not. I found fun vintage knobs on eBay that I attached using Liquid Fusion Glue.


FINISHING TOUCHES
If you TV is a little rough around the edges as mine was Old English Scratch Cover will be your best friend. Also use a heavy duty picture hanger kit on the back.


Now I am constantly keeping my eyes peeled for more vintage televisions to make more picture frames!

7 comments:

rinkayadav said...

We can change the tv with the help of Tv Framing .After that tv looking to good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for this visual aids. Framing is not only for pictures as it can be used for TVs. toronto picture framing

tv picture frame said...

What an incredible creative idea framing a TV.It looks great and remarkable.In framing a TV we need to be creative to have a better view.

Unknown said...

TV framing makes the picture view look's elegant.Thank you for the great idea you have post.

Unknown said...

I really like a different Hide TV. I've been thinking of doing this to mine for a while now, it's possible this makes I am applying it now. :) Love your blog and browsed around for a while. Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Awesome article and also very helpful . i really enjoyed it , keep it up

Click Here....!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close