Here's a last-minute Halloween costume that easily transitions from day to night! Wear the T-shirt casually by day in all the sunny places, then skulk in the shadows at night and you'll take on an eerie glow. (A dark-colored tee ensures that the glow will be all the more dramatic.)
-A plain T-shirt
-Black permanent marker (optional, for the stencil)
-Freezer or parchment paper (optional, for the stencil)
-Scissors (optional, for the stencil)
1. Draw the outline of a skull (teeth, nasal cavities, eye sockets) on the stencil paper, then cut out the pieces. Insert a piece of scrap paper (like a paper grocery bag) between the layers of the T-shirt and lay it flat. Lay the stencil over the front of the shirt. (Note: If you're feeling brave, skip the stencil and freehand the design on the shirt.)
2. Squeeze out some glow-in-the-dark paint and generously sponge it onto the front of the T-shirt.
3. Cover the whole design evenly!
4. Peel off the stencil and let the paint dry completely.
5. Then slide out the scrap paper from between the layers and wriggle yourself in there instead. In other words, try on you shirt and find the light! (And pack a flashlight in order to recharge as needed throughout the witching hours.) I tried to take a cool picture of the glowing shirt in the dark, but alas, it proved too challenging for my weakling camera. But it looks SO ghoulishly good.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!