I've always loved painting blank bisque. It's so therapeutic! And - I also love coffee, so imagine my delight when I discovered Duncan Ceramics has a new line of travel cups! I knew I had to paint one!
Neon Duncan Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
Duncan Signature brushes (Fan and No. 1 liner)
pure•brilliance™ Clear Glaze
Paper plate, paper towel, cup of rinsing water
Pencil and eraser
1. Use a plate or piece of foil and pour some paint. Start by painting the inside of the cup. Remove the rubber lid and guard from the top and center of the cup. Using Fan Glaze brush, paint upward to the top being careful not to go over lip of mug. Let dry. Apply two more coats and let dry thoroughly between each coat.
2. Sketch your illustrations all over the cup. If you don't want to "freehand," trace pattern onto tracing paper. Turn to reverse side and use pencil to trace over pattern to transfer design onto cup.
3. Fill in with painted color, two coats, let dry in between. Use the French Dimensions to add black accents. FD is a thin dimensional liner that comes in all kinds of great colors! Let dry completely.
4. Coat with two layers of clear glaze, let dry in between each coat.
5. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
Peace, love, and glitter!
P.S. Check out my new novel!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!