Wrap up your holiday decorating with these adorable gift box pillows. They’ll look great all season long on a sofa or chair. With a little fabric and Tulip® Fabric Spray Paint™, you’ll have yourself a gift that keeps on giving year after year.
- Tulip® Glitter Spray Paint
- Tulip® Fabric Spray Paint™
26563 Christmas Red 26565 Emerald
- Permanent felt pen
- Sewing pins
- White fabric – 24” square
- Blow dryer – optional
- Safety pin
- Self-adhesive shelf paper
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Ribbon – 2 yards per pillow
- Paper towels
- Sewing needle
- Coordinating fabric – 24” square
- Cut out star pattern. Place on shiny side of shelf paper and use felt pen to trace around. Draw desired number of stars. To create dots, trace around a quarter and draw desired number of dots.
- Measure and cut white fabric into a 20” square. Cover work surface with newspaper then place fabric in center.
- Peel paper backing from circles or stars and randomly place on fabric. Run a fingernail around edges of shelf paper to prevent seepage.
- Test desired color of Fabric Spray Paint on paper towel. Holding bottle about 12” from surface, spray an even coat onto fabric. Let dry – a blow dryer will speed this step. Spray on another coat for more intense color. Let dry then carefully peel off shelf paper designs.
- Spray with a heavy coat of Diamond Glitter spray and let dry.
- To create white strip, measure and cut a 15” wide by 20” long strip of white fabric. Iron fabric into thirds lengthwise. Open up and place on newspaper.
- Use felt pen to trace desired word onto shelf paper. To create stencil, use sharp scissors to carefully cut out inside of each letter leaving edges intact. Peel off paper backing then position in center on strip. Press firmly along inside cut edges. Cover remainder of fabric with paper towels to protect from overspray.
- Spray three light coats within word letting dry between each coat. Remove stencil.
- Fold into thirds, and then sew a double stitch along both edges.
- Measure and cut pillow top and backing fabric to desired size. Center and pin white strip onto top of pillow then pin to backing fabric with right sides together. Sew around edges. Trim seams and clip corners.
- Use scissors to carefully cut an 8” wide slit about 5” up from bottom seam on back of pillow. Turn pillow inside out and iron smooth. Insert pillow form or polyfil then use needle and thread to sew opening closed.
- Cut a 12” length of ribbon. Loop remaining ribbon into bow then tie strip around center. Trim ends then use safety pin to attach at top of pillow as shown.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!