Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!
Spring has Sprung Pop-up Card
Avalon Potter for ILovetoCreate Teen Crafts
“Teen crafted, Mom approved.
I have been noticing the subtle differences of spring appearing around me. The trees have started to regain their leaves and butterflies have started to flap their wings. My grandmother sent me a card with a spring flower and Easter treats, and my mom has been saying one of her catch phrases every day “spring has sprung!” I wanted to thank my grandmother for the wonderful card so I decided to use ILoveToCreate products to make her a three dimensional butterfly card. Before I send it to her I thought I would take a few pictures and write some instructions so you could make one too! I left one of the applique butterflies uncolored so she can iron it on something and have fun coloring it in herself!
3 Crafty Chica Iron-on Appliqués butterfly
Tulip Fabric Markers Bright
Tulip Soft Fabric Paint
3-D small square stickers
1. Take two of the butterflies and color them in using the fabric paint or the fabric markers. (These butterflies will be used to decorate the front of the card.)
2. Cut your card stock so that both the butterflies can fit on the front.
3. Fold the longer length of card stock in half and score with bone folder. This is your card.
4. Cut a small strip from the same color paper as the card and fold in half. Use bone folder to score fold.
5. Find the center point of each length of paper from your center fold. Fold again using bone folder to score. When attached, this should form a square or rectangular shape to create your pop up feature.
6. Place two 3-D stickers on either side of the two small ends.
7. Use the 3-D stickers to attach the ends of the armature inside the center fold of the card. The two ends should meet in the center at the card fold. Place the armature directly in the middle of the card; make sure that the shape bends with the card as it closes. If it does not reposition it so that it will bend with the card. This is forming a square/rectangle that will fold with the card, when opened fully it should become a full square shape.
8. Use the 3-D stickers to attach the blank butterfly on the front of the armature. Test to make sure it still bends correctly.
9. Use the 3-D stickers again to attach the colored butterflies on the outside of the card.
10. Cut out a strip of a different color cardstock that will fit on the top of the inside of the card.
11. Use the 3-D stickers stencil and the big phat pink marker to write spring on this piece of cardstock.
12. Repeat step 10 using a different color cardstock and writing sprung instead.
13. Attach the spring cardstock to the middle of the top of the inside of the card. Use two 3-D stickers on top of each other instead of one on this.
14. Repeat step 12 with the sprung cardstock and attach to the bottom of the inside of the card. Add above sprung on the card itself not the sprung cardstock the word “has” using the yellow big phat marker and previous stencil.
15. To complete leave a note on the instructions on how to make the iron on butterflies so your friend or family member can color in and iron on the blank butterfly!