Tuesday, August 16

Laundry Signs

I have a theory.  I think that if a laundry room looks a little more decorated that you'll have a strong urge to do your laundry and it will even be fun.  Okay, not really, but I'm still going to try to make a laundry room look cute today anyhow.  These are a couple of signs for my mom's laundry room.  They were fun and easy to make.

Here's a closer look at each one.



Here's how I did it.  I cut a piece of cardboard (or two layers of cardstock) the size of the opening in the frame.  Then I cut a piece of fabric a little larger than the cardboard to cover it.  I used Aleene's brush on Super gel.  (It's like super glue, but thicker.  It dries super fast, which is always helpful.  You could probably use her spray glue or decoupage as well.)


I printed off the words in a font I liked, cut them out, and antiqued the edges with a ink pad.


I attached the signs and everything else I added with Aleene's tacky dots.  I love glue dots because they stick extremely well and there's no drippy or stringy glue.

I added buttons and a mini-clothesline with socks to the other.


Throw them in the frame and you're done.


Now, it's time to actually do some laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close