Tuesday, December 20

Monogrammed Blanket

My son has two awesome teachers at his preschool and I wanted to make them something special for Christmas.  I decided to buy a comfortable blanket for one teacher and monogram it for her.  I like semi-homemade gifts because they don't take as much time as fully handmade, but they still have a personalized feel to them.  I purchased this blanket at Target.


Then I cut a freezer paper stencil.  (If you haven't tried freezer paper stenciling you can watch my video tutorial of it HERE.)  I ironed on the stencil and painted the letter black, using my Tulip soft fabric paint.  



Since the blanket had a little texture to it I was really careful with the brushing.  I blotted more than brushing.  


I removed the stencil and decided to add a little bling with Beads in a Bottle.  I think this product is so fun.  I've used it on a clutch, on a pumpkin, and on a Viking t-shirt.  It's easy and fast, but gives you the look of sewing on a lot of beads or sequins.


I wrapped the blanket back up like it came, showing the monogram on the outside.  


I think it'll look pretty draped over her couch.


So, if you need a last minute gift idea this one is pretty quick.


6 comments:

G-maT said...

Just love your ideas...so glad I found you! :)

Anonymous said...

If she was to wash the blanket, would it ruin it?
Never used Beads in a Bottle, but would love to use them on a baby shower gift for my friend.

Just want to be sure she'd be able to wash it.

Darren Demers said...

I removed the stencil and decided to add a little bling with Beads in a Bottle. I think this product is so fun. I've used it on a clutch, on a pumpkin, and on a Viking t-shirt. It's easy and fast, but gives you the look of sewing on a lot of beads or sequins. pink dress for kids , little girl yellow dress , baby girl red dress , baby girl green dress , girl in pink dress , baby girl yellow dress , red frock for baby girl , boys green pants

ghada said...


شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
شركة نقل اثاث بابها
شركة نقل عفش بنجران

ghada said...


شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم
شركة نقل عفش بالباحة
شركة نقل عفش بينبع
دينا نقل عفش بابها
نقل الاثاث بالمدينة المنورة

ghada said...


شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
شركة نقل عفش بالبقعاء
شركة نقل عفش بجازان

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close