Wednesday, September 5

MAYA IN THE MOMENT TEEN CRAFT: Fall Tie-Dye Scarf

It doesn't matter that it's still 100 degrees in my hometown...it's September! Which equals...FALL! This is my "Hurry up and cool down Arizona, It's September, duh." scarf.

 

SUPPLIES:

A cotton scarf
Spray bottle of water
Place a trash bag to cover your table/workplace. Pinch scarf as shown to start applying zip ties.

Attach zip tie in 1" increments along the scarf. (It looks like a centipede! eeww :p )
Wet scarf so that the tie dye can absorb it then apply on to scarf.
I wanted a faded look, so I let it dry outside for two hours (instead of wrapping in plastic for six hours like the directions say) since the fabric was thin.

Cut off zip ties (this could take some time....) and wash separate in cold water! Hang dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close