Tuesday, January 8

A Love Jar

In our house we do a lot for Christmas, but I don't really get into the other holidays so much.  I thought it might be fun to do something for Valentine's day this year, so I made this little Love Jar.  First I'll show you how I made it and then I'll explain some different ways to use it.


I love Aleene's dry adhesives because there's no messiness.  Plus, they worked great to get my fabric to stick to the glass.  I pulled out some scrap fabric to use for the project.


I used the double stick sheets to make my letters into stickers.  I peeled off one side, added the fabric, and then drew the letters backwards on the back to help me cut them out. 


After cutting them the letters were basically stickers.  I peeled off the back and stuck them on the jar.


I used the tacky line roll for the lace that I ran around the jar.  Then I cut little triangles from the extra fabric and placed them on the lace like a pennant banner.


So, what do you do with a love jar?


I figure you could use it as a valentine mailbox, placing notes to each other in it.  Or you could fill it with candy and gift it.


But I think I'll fill it with little treats and let my boys take one when they've showed love by doing something good.  That way Valentine's is more about sharing love than crushes (which my boys are disgusted by at this age).



Now off to buy some candy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close