Wednesday, January 2

MAYA IN THE MOMENT TEEN CRAFT: Easy Zipper Bracelets


I've been wanting to try and make zipper bracelets since, like, forever. I went to a local fabric supply store in town and bought a whole bag of remnant zippers. 

 When you buy zippers for this project, you really want the ZIPPER part to show so look for zipper that have chunky gold or silver teeth, as opposed to the boring ones that are painted the same color as the fabric.


For the bracelets I made, I opened them and cut them right above the zipper handle. These are going to be my bracelet bases. Cut to fit your wrist.

 Now it's time to load up on all kinds of iLovetoCreate products to embellish your bracelets. I used:

 Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Peel & Stick Tape™ to apply ribbon.


 Gotta  have Puffy Paint!



When they are done, they'll look like this. I really love bright colors so I used a lot of contrast in my bracelets. Now it's time to make them wearable!

Snip off a piece of Aleene's® Hook & Loop Tape™ and affix to each end.


Here they are, my finished bracelets. It was cold outside, so my Puffy Paint one is still drying, I'm excited to wear it too!


This was a really fun project, I plan to make a lot more for my friends! Hey, if you like this project, you might like my other bracelet idea too! Stiffened Embroidery Floss Friendship Bracelets.


Thanks for checking out my project, come see me on my Facebook page! 


8 comments:

JoJo said...

Those are so cute!

Hey did you ever do the ipad giveaway?

Anonymous said...

These, are really cute .... and who doesnt have dozens of old zippers, that never got used! Now theres a way! Question is, you dont show photo, of the other side, how did u finish them, or clasp the 2 ends together?

Sharon Crawford said...

Love these & look so easy, thanks

sunny808 said...

I'm going to make these. I know my 12 y.o gr. daughter and her friends would get a kick out of wearing them!

Unknown said...

خانه
اخبار روز
رایانه و موبایل
عکس و سرگرمی

Micheal Jackson said...

Grado Inspired's affrimation cards
make for thoughtful and meaningful gifts. The diverse range of affirmations on www.gradoinspired.com ensures that there's a perfect card for every occasion, spreading positivity and encouragement.

Micheal Jackson said...

I recently visited the website 미국 여행자 보험 추천
, and their products are top-notch! Stonewell Financial seems to offer great financial solutions.

Micheal Jackson said...

Experience the ease of a mouth swab drug test
with Drug Test Kit USA. Their dedication to delivering accurate and timely results (Drug Test Kit USA) is evident in their testing solutions. Explore their website for a variety of testing kits and engage in forums to share your positive experiences with the reliable services offered by Drug Test Kit USA.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close