Tuesday, January 1

Squirrel T-shirt

I have a sister who we like to tease because she's seriously afraid of squirrels.  You know...the cute cuddly animals that won't even let you get near them?  Yeah, those.  So she receives a lot of squirrel stuff from the family.

I designed this t-shirt to make some for my boys and hers.  The boys get pretty squirrely when they are together, so why not the Flying Squirrel Trapeze Team?  


Because this design was pretty intricate I used my cutting machine (the Silhouette) to cut it.  Had it been a simple design I would just use an exacto knife to cut the freezer paper.  I ironed the paper to the shirt to make it seal.  (If you haven't tried freezer paper stenciling you can find a video tutorial I made of it HERE.)


I used the Tulip soft fabric paint, which is my favorite.  I painted it with two coats and removed the paper.


I placed a sheet over the shirt when it was dry and ironed it to heat set the paint.  And my son is ready to tease his aunt.


I love making shirts that don't look homemade.  It's inexpensive and easy and my boys love having something personalized for them.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

So adorable! Both the shirt and the little boy!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

CUTER than CUTE...What a SweeT POST!
Happy 2013!

Pro Print said...

You are absolutely right! That T-shirt design does not look homemade at all. It seems that a T shirt printing company did that.

Unknown said...

Is there any further reading you would recommend on this?

Amela
T-shirt printing Milton keynes

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close