Wednesday, May 1

CINCO CHIC: Mariachi-Inspired Jeans!

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and if you're like me, (underage, although I probably wouldn't drink..I'd eat tacos), it's a great time to celebrate all things south-of-the-border. I was just in Mexico a couple weeks ago and loved watching the mariachis perform, I especially love their outlandish outfits. I came across this picture and loved the fashionable twist. I decided to make my own version!

Supplies:
Jeans, preferably black
White pompom fringe

Measure out how much trim you'll need to go down the length of your leg, don't forget you'll need a strip for both legs!

Add a line of glue down the length of the outer pant seam and place the trim in place. Use clothespins to hold it while the glue dries.

This is when I called in my dad to help! Use the Tulip 3D paint to add mariachi-style swirls around the pockets and seams! Be outlandish, it's Cinco de Mayo!



4 comments:

annie ann said...

SO CUTE

Alisa said...

We should call it Cinco de Maya! lol

Art Tart on a Farm said...

I love them.

Daylene Gaines said...

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? With thanks
rustic home decor australia

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close