Tuesday, July 9

Logo Bag to Fun Tote

Bags and totes are a lot like shoes; you can never have too many of them.  While I enjoy a free bag, I don't necessarily like bags with big logos or advertising on them.  So, here's a simple solution to make a logo bag into a fun, useable tote.
What you'll need:
– some scrap fabric

 To begin I cut a piece of fabric into a circle large enough to cover the text on the bag.  Then I cut a freezer paper stencil.  I decided cut a star, almost like the captain america logo so the the bag would be manly enough for my husband to use as well.  (If you're new to freezer paper stenciling, I have a how-to video HERE that walks you through it.)
 I filled in the stencil with my Tulip fabric paint.
 I removed the stencil and let the paint dry.  With logo bags, often the image or text is in a place where you wouldn't be able to sew over it.  This particular bag had the text on a pocket where I wouldn't be able to get my sewing machine around.  However, Aleene's Peel and Stick Sheets are perfect for the job because they essentially make any fabric into a sticker and require no sewing.
 I cut the sheets the same size as my fabric and stuck it to the back of the fabric.
 I peeled off the backing and then pressed it onto the bag.
And now I really like this bag and I'll actually use it.


WobiSobi said...

This is fantastic:)

Shertoys said...

What kind of fabric works best? Thank you, great job!

Anonymous said...

um. star is on upside down.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great idea. :)

Anonymous said...

googled funtote and found your blog, what a great idea! nice post!

gina said...

Would this work on canvas? I have an awesome LLbean canvas tote but it has "All" laundry detergent on there =(

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Yes it would definitely work on canvas, Gina!


I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Any fabric works fine, as long as it's not a weird synthetic one.


Carrie said...

Ooo, I'm excited because I got the same free bag from the Hospital. Hehe! I can't wait to personalize it!

Lisa said...

This is brilliant! Definitely pinning this for use later!

julia watson said...

Great tips. I will use it to the fullest, as I want to make more money. Simple as that. Following your idea, I have already registered at some popular websites such as Freelance Work From Home. I am waiting for a buyer to contact me. Will let you know when I get paid for my freelance effort. Thanks, anyway.

Geet Choudhary said...

Nice post...The creative idea of using a carry bag as an opportunity to marketing
to new targeted and potential customers is really pretty much brilliant.

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...