Friday, November 8

DIY Cupcake Ornaments



Wahoo! I don't know about you but I am super excited about Christmas being right around the corner. Yes, I do celebrate Thanksgiving but not in the normal way. Last night I took down all of my Christmas decorations from the attic and my goodness I was overwhelmed. But once I put my cupcake tree up everything got better.  

Let's go make some Cupcake Christmas Ornaments! 


What you'll need:
* Tulip Slick Fabric Paint in Neon Colors
*Scribbles Red Paint
*Scissors
*Glue Glun
*Christmas Ornaments (colors work best)
*Baker's Twine
*Cupcake Liner
I am in love with these neon colors. Sometimes I like to throw in colors that are not the traditional Christmas colors. 
The first thing you will do is put hot glue either in your cupcake liner or on the actual ornament. Place the ornament inside of the liner while the glue is still hot.  You can use any color ornaments that you want for this project. 
 Grab your Tulip slick fabric paint and fill in the top of the ornament to look like icing. Grab another color and make tiny lines on the wet icing to resemble sprinkles. 
 Get your red scribbles paint and cover the top of the ornament.
 When you are done let them dry over night. The next day cut little pieces of baker's twine then pass them through the top of ornament. You will be able to hang them from a tree now. 
 
 
 

I am absolutely in love with these! I made sure to do enough to fill up my entire gold tree. Let's be real. You can't just have 2 cupcake ornaments.  
I hope you enjoyed this project and you make 5 dozen! Just think how cute it would be if you made someone these and gave them out as a "dozen cupcakes." How stinking cute! See you in the next post!

 Huge glittery hugs, JADE
—See you in the next post! Visit me on FacebookTwitter,Pinterest, or Instagram!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these! I am going to make some. Be great project for kids too.

shannon_in_love said...

i cant believe there is no comments telling you how AWESOME this is...so here you go....THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!! i will definitely be trying these with the kiddos this year!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

StasaLynn said...

Love these! I will have to make some! Thanks for sharing and it is a GREAT tutorial.

Anonymous said...

This is such an AWESOME idea! I'm doing it!!

Anonymous said...

YES I GOING DO THIS TOO WITH MY FAMILY ON EAST COAST CANT WAIT

Anonymous said...

So unique kids will love this thanks for sharing
Ann

Unknown said...

I just made a bunch of these - all from Dollar Store Materials (and fabric paint I had on hand)! Using 1 tube of ornaments (12 total - but I didn't use the glittery ones) I was able to make 8 ornaments for just $2

I will be sending these in my Cookie Exchange Packages as well as topping presents with them, although I love your idea of giving someone "A Dozen Cupcakes"!!

Anonymous said...

great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this using actual sprinkles...LOVE this idea~~!

Unknown said...

Love this project too - so fun and I love cupcakes! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my roundup of glass ornament crafts here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

John said...

The cupcakes would be so delicious to eat if were made in real...............
John Phanchalad CEO JP Digital Tech have a very good track record in digital media marketing. To know more about Mr Phanchalad and latest updates on business promotion you can contact John Phanchalad http://johnphanchalad.com/about

Jaderbomb said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate all of your kind and wonderful comments! xoxo, jade

Unknown said...

The cupcakes are so cute and sparkly. It's a great decoration for birthday parties. fnf

Anonymous said...

nike sb dunks
palm angels t shirt
supreme clothing
supreme
yeezy outlet
yeezy outlet
golden goose sneaker
outlet
cheap jordan shoes
kyrie shoes

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close