Tis the season of sweatshirts. They are warm and comfy, but lordy, they look so frumpy. I love that I've seen other chicas take a pair of scissors to them to alter them in a more fashionable way. I wanted to get in on the fun, but I needed to find a way to make my design appear appealing for my plus-size bod. Here's what I came up with!
This is what I started with. I never know where a project will go once I start, I often end up adding in more supplies, as you'll see in a bit.
1. Cut your sweatshirt! I cut the neckline, the sleeves and I cut that gawd-awful band off of the bottom.
2. Use painter's tape to keep a guideline for your sparkles. I used the Crystal Adhesive in dots to apply the crystals. You can also use the Tulip Cordless Heat Setting Tool if you want! Fill in with crystals.
3. OK, this is where I took a little turn. I wanted MORE volume, but not too much more sparkle. I called in my little friends...
4. I used Tulip Beads in a Bottle to fill in!
5. I filled in the areas on both sides of the arms and let them dry over night.
I LOVED hacking this sweatshirt, and I have to give a shout out to my friend, Monique from CurvesandChaos.com for giving me the idea!