Monday, August 2

Meet our new ILTC blogger: Cheri Heaton of I Am Momma Hear Me Roar


We are super excited to announce one of our three new bloggers this week! Cheri Heaton of I Am Momma Hear Me Roar is joining our iLoveToCreate blog team starting tomorrow and we are so happy to welcome her! Cheri is an amazing crafter and DIYer. She makes lots of cool projects for her boys Rex and Baden as well as super sweet DIY projects for herself. We think you are going to enjoy her tutorials and inspiration. To get to know her a little bit better, we put together five interview questions along with five random association questions for her to answer. Good times!

1. What do you love to create and do you have a favorite iLoveToCreate product?
I love to create pretty much anything, but especially boy tees, since I have two sons. My favorite product currently is the matte Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™.

Baden wearing his super patriotic tee. So cute!

2. What project have you created that you are most proud of?
I recently finished our playroom and that's what I'm most proud of. It features a giant tree with felt apples that can be picked off, a cousin photo wall, a built-in mailbox, and a giant interactive train that has a sliding window that peeks into my craft window.

Rex inside his train.

3. How has being a mom influenced/changed the way you craft?

Motherhood is the most amazing thing I have ever taken part in. It's definitely hard sometimes, but I want to think of it as empowering rather than restricting. I don't want to think of my kids as a ball and chain. I think motherhood provides a billion opportunities to do, to learn, to teach, and to create. It also stretches me in good ways. I am more efficient than ever.
Cheri and her family!

4. How do you balance your time as a mom and have enough time for blogging and personal crafting?
I try to weave my duties together as much as possible. I make things for my boys a lot. I let them help when they can, whether it's letting Rex stuff a pillow or hold a paint brush. (Warning: this can go wrong. I caught Rex dipping a toilet brush into my paint can once. Nasty!)

Baden taking a bath - what a funny guy!

Rex is happy go lucky in the dryer.

5. How would you describe your own personal style?
Feminine with a bit of messy, rough messy edges. JCrew meets Roxy? I love wearing dresses and I love wearing jeans and sneakers.



RANDOM ASSOCIATION TIME!!
1. Cake or Pie? I will gladly take whichever has chocolate. Chocolate French Silk pie or a Chocolate Layer Cake.

2. Going to the Movies or Renting a Video? Renting. I have two little boys who can't sit through a whole movie yet. Although, I do love the theater's nasty popcorn.

3. Hats or Headbands? I have a little headband business, so I'd better pick headbands.

4. Disney or Nickelodeon? Phineas and Ferb all the way baby. I hate Sponge Bob.

5. Singing on Stage or Singing in the Shower? Either one, but if it involves dancing as well then I pick the shower.

Thanks Cheri! We look forward to your first post tomorrow!

1 comment:

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Seeing Rex in the dryer is a hoot! My grandson Zane does that, too. Welcome to our crafty blog. I love how you craft with your darling family and look forward to some fab designs from you!
Pattiewack

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close