Thursday, November 18

Tallulah's Turkey Top



Today for I Love to Create we have my spin on the obligatory hand print turkey Thanksgiving craft. Tallulah needed the perfect Thanksgiving outfit, so I decided to make it myself.


SUPPLIES
Pen
Tulip Fabric Marker (Fine Writers)
Cardigan
White Fabric
Steam a Seam
Fabric Fusion Glue
Iron
Scissors
Embroidery Floss
Felt
Embroidery Hoop


The hardest part of this project will be getting your toddler to hold still long enough to trace their hand onto a piece of white fabric. I find candy bribes help.


The easiest part of this project is letting your kiddlet go nuts with a pack of colorful Tulip Fabric Markers. Tallulah had never played with markers so this was quite the treat for her. I let her scribble all over the area where we had traced her hands.


Once Tallulah grew bored of coloring on the fabric I used a hot iron to adhere some steam a seam to the back of the fabric. This was primarily to stiffen the fabric and keep the edges from fraying.


I cut out Tallulah's colorful hands and used them as a template to cut out a red, orange and yellow felt hand. I used Fabric Fusion Glue to attach all the pieces together.


Using Fabric Fusion Glue I attached the turkey to a brown cardigan. After the glue dried I embroidered the edges for extra embellishment. I also added a beak and a French knot for an eye.


All that was left to do was slip Tallulah a lollipop so she would stand still and pose for this picture (I'm telling you it's so wrong, but those candy bribes work). I can rest easy now that Tallulah's turkey day outfit has been sorted out. Now I need to figure out what I'm wearing.

I'd love to know what some of your favorite Thanksgiving crafts are? Do you have something you and the fam make year after year? Seen something on a blog recently you want to try. This is my first time to dabble in Thanksgiving crafts so I'm curious what other options are out there.

Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Looooove this! What a great idea!!

Chart growth, make memories, and a new fashion statement all in one. :D This is one we're going to copy!

Anonymous said...

Really cute!!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close