Tuesday, December 14
Crafty Chica's T-shirt Christmas Stockings!
Some shirts are just too cool to slice up into scarves. These are a perfect example. I decided to make holiday stockings out of them!
Here is what you need:
- Stocking to use as the pattern, paper to trace design onto
- fabric for lining
- fusible stabilizer
- craft felt
- sewing machine, hot glue
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™
- Crafty Chica® Extreme Embellishment Glue™
- Tulip® Glitter Spray Paint
1. Trace the outline of the stocking onto paper or cardboard.
2. Set the shirt out on a flat surface and set the pattern on top. Trace around it and cut out through both layers (NOTE: If you only want the front of the shirt, just use the top layer.
3. Do the same for the lining fabric.
4. Iron the stabilizer to both sides of the t-shirt cut outs. Iron to lining.
5. With both layers facing together, sew around the edges.
6. Take an 8x10 sheet of craft felt in a contrasting color and cut it in half width wise. Glue one at the top of one side of the stocking, and another on the other side. Trim up the sides so it is flush with the edges, hot glue the felt together up the sides.
7. Turn the stocking right side out and fold the felt over to make a cuff.
8. Glue trim as desired.
9. Add sparkle with glitter, crystals, and glitter spray!
10. Glue ribbon strand at the top inner side so you can hang it.
FREE SHIPPING through December 13, 2010. Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!