Make your little angel an outfit that’s heavenly with Tulip® One-Step Dye™ and Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™!
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
65000 White 65407 Silver Metallics
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- White canvas tote
- Paper towels
- Gray chalk pencil
- Needle and thread
- Small paintbrush
- Purple ribbon – 1½” 40010024507, 5/8”
- Pink wired ribbon – pink ombre
Instructions1. Cover work surface with Surface Cover. Wash tote and onesie in washer with small amount of laundry soap and no softener. Place damp pieces on work surface and smooth flat.
2. Starting at bottom of bag, accordion pleat fabric up to top of bag, creating about 2” wide pleats then press flat. Starting at side on onesie and about 4” from end, pinch fabric across to other side then tightly wrap a rubber band. Wrap another about 3” from first then equal sections on remainder.
3. Wearing gloves from dye box, fill dye bottle with water to indicated line then shake until thoroughly mixed. Squeeze dye within sections on onesie, turning and inserting bottle tip within folds. Squeeze dye across pleats on tote, creating about a 2” swath along length, leaving a white space between. Carefully lift single pleats and add dye as needed.
4. Cover dyed fabric with Surface Cover to keep damp. Let set 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color. Rinse dyed fabric under warm running water until water runs clear and excess dye is removed. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer then iron both smooth.
5. Squeeze a small puddle of Platinum Soft Fabric Paint on foil. Use small round brush to add a few drops of water then thoroughly mix, adding more water as needed until paint is the consistency of heavy cream. To create spatter effect, fill brush with thinned paint then flick across fabric. Fill brush again then flick in a different direction. Repeat on onesie and tote to desired effect. Let dry – a blow dryer will speed this step.
6. Fold onesie in half lengthwise then press along fold for a crease down center. Unfold onesie, making sure you can see crease line. Flip over pattern then use gray chalk pencil to trace along pattern lines. Line edge of pattern along crease down center. Hold in place with hand then run finger over lines to transfer pattern in chalk onto fabric. Remove pattern.
7. Start flow of 3D Fashion Paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Practicing on a paper towel, squeeze a few lines of thick paint on one side, fold over paper towel then press lightly over paint. Open paper towel to reveal design. Practice a few times to determine width of paint for desired effect.
8. Squeeze 3D Paint over chalk lines, Silver for heart and White for wings. Carefully fold over other half of onesie then lightly press. Open to reveal design. Let dry. Repeat step with tote, using slightly larger pattern.
9. To create small flower, cut an 18” length of ribbon. Carefully pull wire from both sides. Fold ribbon in half lengthwise then use needle and thread to sew a gather stitch along open edge. Gather ribbon along thread then sew a few stitches to secure. Swirl ribbon then sew gathered edges together to secure. Repeat steps for larger flower but do not fold ribbon in half.
10. To create leaves, cut two 3” sections of narrow lavender ribbon, fold in half then use Fabric Fusion to glue ends together, holding with tape if needed until dry. Repeat step for large leaves using a 4” long strip.
11. Use Fabric Fusion to glue flowers in place then add glue to ends of leaves and tuck under flower as shown. Let dry
12. Tie wider ribbon into a bow around handle of tote.
Visit us on Facebook!
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!