Wednesday, January 12
iLoveToCreate Teen Crafts: Volleyball Spirit Socks
Volleyball Spirit Socks
Avalon Potter for ILovetoCreate Teen Crafts
"Teen crafted, mom approved."
For my project this week I decided to create some knee high volleyball socks! I have recently been preparing for a volleyball tournament and when you play volleyball your uniform usually includes knee high socks. Instead of buying a pair of fancy socks, I decided to decorate them myself! It is fun and easy and is even better once you try them on. You can adapt this project to any sport or if you're not sporty, just for fun!
White knee socks
1” grey grosgrain ribbon
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion fabric glue
Tulip dimensional fabric paint-slick black
1” circumference circle template
Tube or rectangular form large enough to secure socks and hold their form
1. Place sock on form.
2. Take your pen and mark where you will put your volleyballs and bow on socks.
3. Take your circle cutout and trace it eight times with your pen on the felt.
4. Cut out the circles and use the fabric paint to make a volleyball design on each felt cutout.
5. Let those dry and start on your two bows.
6. Find out how big you want the bow loops to be and cut a piece of ribbon to the desired length. Glue down the two ends in the middle.
7. Add a little bit of glue in the center of the bow where the ends meet. Cut a small piece of ribbon just long enough to go around the bow, fold in the ends.
8. After all of the volleyballs and bows have dried place the first four volleyballs and bow out on your sock.
9. Use Aleene’s fabric glue to glue the volleyballs and bow on the sock. Cover the whole backside of the volleyball in glue and only the center of the bow. You can tack the bow and volleyballs down with thread if you like.
10. Use the dimensional fabric paint to create dashes moving diagonally between the volleyballs on the front of the sock.
11. Let it dry on the tube. Repeat for second sock.