Friday, April 5

DIY Floral Sneakers

A cute floral design mixed with stripes make these DIY Floral Sneakers not only fun and fashionable but keep your tootsies comfy too!
I’m in love with all the fun patterned sneakers you see everywhere for spring. But even better than going out and buying the same ones you see in the stores, create your own unique and colorful ones. These fabric markers from Tulip make it sooo easy do too! And they dry really quickly with minimal smell, bonus!

TOOLS & MATERIALS:
  • Sneakers
  • Tulip Fabric Markers
  • Pencil
  • Ruler
  • Flexible curve (optional)
step 1
Decide what pattern you want to use for your sneakers.

I recommend drawing it out on paper to help you decide on size and placement.

Using your pencil draw lightly on your sneakers to mark your flower outlines.














step 2
Start coloring in your flowers.

TIP:
I recommend working on one color at a time, for example color all the black centers, then all of the yellow, etc. This will help you to keep the look and color placement on your shoes more balanced.

I started in the centers of the flowers and worked out.

First black centers.

step 3
Then the yellow around the black.

step 4
Then the red flowers.

step 5
Once you’ve colored in all your flowers you’re ready to make your stripes.

Decide how wide you want your stripes to be. (I made mine 3/8 of an inch wide.)

Draw them on your shoes using your ruler.

TIP: If you have a flexible curve this will help with drawing straight lines around your not so flat shoes. You can also use a heavy paper or bristol board anything flexible and straight to help make straight lines.

step 6
Once you have all your stripes drawn in you’re ready to color them in.
This is my first post for iLoveToCreate. I’m so happy to be a part of such an amazing group of talented, crafty people and I can’t wait to get started on my next DIY project to share with you!
To see more of my projects and DIY tutorials check out trinketsinbloom.com.

15 comments:

Pattie Wilkinson said...

I love the Merimekko style! Welcome to our Blog, Cathy!

Terriaw said...

love this project! I can see doing this to all my plain shoes.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

AHHH. I want someone to make me a pair!

Cathy Attix said...

Thanks Pattie! I'm so happy to be a part of it!!!!

Unknown said...

really cool!

I linked to your tutorial on my blog - thanks for sharing!

♥, doro von Hand zu Hand

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes it's so cute and colorful. I think I might have to try it. Thanks.

Susan said...

Can you machine-wash and dry them?

Anonymous said...

That is much easier than using acrylic paints LOL

Lilla said...

оh my gosh!!! This is the coolest diy tutorial IN THE WORLD!!! I love these! I am totally making myself a pair! :)
xxx,
Lilla
http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ghada said...


شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بمكة

Anonymous said...

We have all seen DIY floral sneakers. They are a popular trend, and they are posterdle easy to make. They look great, and they can be customized to suit your taste. If you are looking for a quick and easy flagle project, a DIY floral sneaker is the way to go.

dordle said...

This essay was enlightening and entertaining, just what I was looking for. We appreciate you taking the time to share your unique perspective with us. Sure, I'll pass this along to the gang

HopeO said...

Wow, you have a great hand at painting. You can check out some of the best art kits over here for any kind of painting or crafts you are planning to paint.

Anonymous said...

Such stunning flowers design!

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close