Friday, February 7

Sparkly Stained Glass Jars

When you are a crafter, you see opportunity in every object - especially glass jars! I haven't exactly jumped on the mason jar craze, but I do love jars with different shapes and curves. Not only do they add a sense of beauty to a space, but can also be very functional. I gathered up the empty jars in my house and made a fun collection, yes, even a mason jar too! I used Collage Pauge, leftover Tulip One-Step Dye, and Tulip Fashion Glitter! Click below to see my full tutorial with lots of pictures!

SUPPLIES:
– clean and dry glass jars
–cups
–spoon
This is a great project if you have leftover mixed dye. Store it in a sealed container because you can use it for this project. you can also use the dye powder from the bottle. You want to add a bit of the dye already mixed to a about 1/4 cup of Collage Pauge Glossy. Mix thoroughly.
This is what they will look like. I was worried, I was like, "Pastels! Nooo!" But hang on, the liquid dries clear, creating the stained glass look.
Pour it around the inside top of the jar. This one, I made purple and added translucent glitter to the mix. Once you pour it, then roll the jar around so it it completely covered.
Set up a place where you can set the jars upside down so the liquid can drip out, you want only a thin layer left in the jar. Let dry completely.
Add the Tacky Dots and glitter!
And there you have it! Aren't they pretty? I love the how the sun shines through them. You could also wrap the tops with wire and hang them!

7 comments:

  1. ooo!!! I have glittery collage pauge! win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love jars! Question: Why paint the inside instead of the outside? Does it really matter? I have a jar I want to paint with translucent enamel, then bake. I was going to paint the outside because I want to keet pens and such in the jar. I thought if I paint the inside it would get scratched. Any advice? Thanks, Love ya' Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is your choice, I was thinking it would protect it from the elements. You could spray the inside with varnish to seal it for pens and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these waterproof? Could I use them as a vase?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you paint the OUtSIDE, YOU CAN THEN put a votice candle/tealight candle inside without fear of causing a fire. You could also then put water or liquids inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! My roommate and I have collected quite a few jars over the last few months and have been saving them for craft projects. I have wanted to try coloring them like this but have never gotten around to doing it. Tonight is the night...I can't wait to see how they turn out! I already have several ideas in mind for how to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close