Visit us on Facebook!
Hallowe’en Jack-o-lantern Earrings
Margot Potter for Avalon Potter for iLoveToCreate
Avalon was busy with school this past week and I had some free time, so I agreed to make her project for her. We love Halloween around Casa de Potter, but Avalon isn’t into scary stuff. These little vintage jack-o-lanterns were so cute; they seemed like the perfect fit for a flirty seasonally apropos pair of earrings. Permission free images are easy to find and decoupage on Grungeboard allows you to create water resistant and lightweight jewelry. A little touch of Collage Pauge sparkly and some Glam it Up Crystal accents add the perfect dash of sparkle!
Grungeboard plain sheets
Permission free jack o lantern (image can be downloaded from here)
2 Small Glam it Up crystals
2 10mm silver tone jump rings
2 silver tone ear wires
Traci Bautista’s Collage Pauge sparkly
Traci Bautista’s Collage Pauge glossy
Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Hole punch (I used a Crop-a-dile)
Sharp craft scissors
Foam paint applicator tool
Computer with publishing software
1. The image should be sized correctly, but if you want to print multiples you can size it and put it into publishing software before printing. Print a sheet with at least two jack o lanterns on it. Cut out two.
2. Use glossy decoupage medium to attach images to Grungeboard. Smooth any wrinkles gently with finger tip and allow to dry.
3. Use crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top center of each jack o lantern.
4. Use sharp scissors to cut out dried jack o lanterns.
5. Paint two thin layers of sparkly decoupage medium on each earring. Allow to dry.
6. Adhere crystals to eyes using glue. Allow to dry.
7. Attach ear wires to earrings using the jump rings.
8. You can decorate the backs of your earrings as you wish, I painted some sparkly dimensional fabric paint on the back of mine.