Wednesday, October 10

'A' is for Awesome DIY Framed Initial

(It's another AWESOME DIY Teen Craft Project from the AWESOME Ms. Avalon Potter!)


A is for Awesome (Avalon and Autumn) 
DIY Framed Initial
Avalon Potter foriLoveToCreate
'Teen Crafted, Mom Approved'

Autumn has always been my favorite season. The way the leaves form a masterpiece of color, and the crisp air rejuvenates the mind amazes me. Even though I have never been a large fan of Halloween (I don’t do scary), I still love the thick textures and shabby chic appeal that pops up during this time. I have a beach theme throughout my room the blends naturally with this style, so I am always finding new things I would love to hang up. I decided for this project I would make something that would go with the theme of my room and the theme of the season. I hope you enjoy it!


















Materials
Weathered wood frame
Sturdy cardboard
Burlap
Wooden letter
Crafty Chica white paint
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion
Tulip Glitter Spray Paint diamond
120 grit sand paper
Paint the letter with the Crafty Chica white paint and let dry.


















Measure and cut cardboard to fit inside of frame.

Glue burlap to fit cardboard with spray adhesive.  Glue one layer, allow to dry.
Glue second layer and allow to dry.

Trip burlap leaving a 1" edge.


Install burlap board into back of frame.

Sand paint in various spots to distress.

Spray glitter paint on paint brush and brush on letter. Allow to dry.

Use Fabric Fusion glue to adhere letter to center of burlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close