Thursday, November 11

Cozy & Cute Yarn Headband


Yesterday I got inspired to make a yarn wreath. Looking at all the pictures of the adorable wreaths out there really got my creative juices flowing. However, in true form I looked at the wreaths and thought to myself: how can I make these wreaths wearable? I don't mean literally - I mean using the same techniques on something besides a wreath. Join me on my weekly I Love to Create journey as I bust out the yarn and Tacky Glue!


SUPPLIES
Yarn
Tacky Glue
Plastic Headband
Clothes Pins
Felt
Scissors
Acorns

Is there such a thing as sentimental yarn? This yarn belonged to my grandmother and I can remember her having it when I was a little girl knitting on an empty spool of thread will nails stuck in the top. I have always wanted to do something with the funky retro variegated yarn and a fall themed headband seemed perfect.


This project was super duper easy. I coated a section of my headband at a time with Tacky Glue and wrapped the yarn tightly around. The ends were a little tricky but that is where the clothes pins come in to hold all your handy work in place while the glue dries.


I wanted to incorporate some fall elements into my headband so I stole a few acorns from my neighbors yard. Shhhh don't tell. I used Tacky Glue to make sure their little toppers stayed on.


Nuts were not near enough pizazz for my special headband. I cut up felt, stapled ribbons and used Tacky Glue to make a cute little fall-ish arrangement.


Once the glue had dried on my arrangement all that was left to do was add it to my headband. I also trimmed up my yarn edges.


I know what I'm wearing to Thanksgiving dinner, at least in my hair.




Craft on!Click here for today's daily giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. i saw this on Parents mag. I thought it was super cute. Me and my girls collected some of those acorns and havent done anyting withthem yet. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close